Thursday, October 25, 2018

Driving and Not Much Else

So I called a audible today and instead taking US 50 through Kansas City and St Louis, I drove further south in Kansas to Wichita and then cut east. I drove to Joplin, Missouri, and then picked US 60, droving through the southern part of the state. I got as far east as I could before sundown, winding up in Sikeston, about 20 miles from the border with Kentucky. Why did I do this instead? Because I realized that I could make it to Mammoth Caves before lunch tomorrow if I got close enough to Kentucky. That leaves Saturday to do stuff in eastern Kentucky, West Virginia, or the western part of Virginia, and Sunday the race in Martinsville.

So I spent the entire day driving through the rain and made it to Sikeston, staying at an America's Best Value Inn. Its a large suite room, but the hotel seems like it is half finished. The parking lot is a dirt field, the main lobby is large but empty with no carpet, just padding. My guess is that the hotel was under construction as a better chain, but they decided, for what ever reason, to stop construction, so America's Best swopped in and opened it as is. No wonder they were only charging $60 for this large suite. Also, the power just now went out as I'm writing this. I wonder if they forgot to pay their electric bill?

No comments:

Post a Comment