Friday, October 26, 2018

Mammoth Caves

Today, after leaving the horrible hotel in Missouri, I made my way into Kentucky (after briefly passing through Illinois for about 30 seconds). I made a bee line for Mammoth Caves, which was about a four hour drive. I was able to get the 12:45 Historic Cave Tour. I won't go into much detail about it because you can visit it for yourself, its only about 10 hours from Maryland, so you can easily visit it for a long weekend (also, I could be up all night writing about it.) But, I will say that it was awesome, on the same level with the Grand Canyon.

What's in the big cave? You'll have to find out for yourself (or ask me)...

...but its probably ice cream
I'm now in London, where I would have tea and crumpets with the Queen, if she lived in London, Kentucky. I instead had a spinach, feta, and sausage stromboli at Gondolier Italian Restaurant, which is a chain in the southern states. I'm also at a Country Inn, which is much nicer (and not that much more expensive) than the disaster of a hotel last night.

Tomorrow, I'll probably just drive to Roanoke and spend the afternoon doing stuff there. Roanoke is only about a hour from the track in Martinsville, so it makes sense to spend the night there. But not before I head to a certain city (or town, however you look at it) in southwestern Virginia whose existence is simply amazing.

1 comment: