Sunday, October 21, 2018

Into the Rockies

I'm getting tired of spending 1.5-2 hours each night writing commentary on what I did each day, so moving forwards, I'm just going to do bullet points and photos

-----------------

  • Drove north from Flagstaff towards Four Corners. (Very cool part of the country, the scenery changes considerably seeming every 15-20 miles or so)
  • Stopped at Four Corners, which is where Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, and Utah meet. (Lot's of tourist despite being far from everything)
I'm in four states at once
  • Ate a Navajo Taco for lunch (This will come back to bit me later on)
Tasty, but painful to my stomach
  • Walked through Utah for about a minute, only time I'll visit Utah on this trip
  • Made my way into Colorado. (Started having stomach issues)
  • Ran into bathroom at Colorado Welcome Center in Cortez (Later got information on where I should go in Colorado)
  • Drove into Rockies from Durango towards Ouray (The area around Ouray is likened to the Swiss Alps)
Lots of snowcapped mountains
  • Ate at the Outlaw Restuarant in Ouray (Old West Style bar in town)
Chicken Pasta, as well as Cranberry Juice with 7-Up
Yes, the guy at the piano was playing Piano Man at one point
  • Staying at the Matterhorn Inn (Small, but nice room)
----------------
Tomorrow, I plan on continue driving in the Rockies towards Denver

No comments:

Post a Comment